You can set up POP or IMAP e-mail on a Windows Phone mobile phone. These instructions are for devices running Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 7.5, and Windows Phone 8.
How do I set up POP or IMAP E-mail on Windows Phone?
1. On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select email + accounts.
2. Select Add an account and select Other account.
3. Enter your e-mail address and password and select Sign in. Windows Phone will try to set up your e-mail account automatically. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 6.
4. If you see the message “We couldn’t find the settings for the account information you entered”, make sure the e-mail address and password are correct, and then select Try again. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 6.
5. If your e-mail account can’t be set up automatically, select Advanced, and then select Internet email.
You'll need to enter the following information:
a. Account name. This is a descriptive name for your account.
b. Your name. Type your name as you want it to appear when you send e-mail messages from your phone.
c. Incoming email server. This is the incoming e-mail server for your account. It will be pop.<yourdomain>.<tld>
d. Account type This will be either POP3 or IMAP4.
e. User name This is your full e-mail address, for example, email@example.com.
f. Password This is the password for your e-mail account.
g. Outgoing (SMTP) email server This is the outgoing email server name. It will be smtp.<yourdomain>.<tld>
h. Select Advanced and deselect the boxes Require SSL for incoming email and Require SSL for outgoing email.
6. Select Sign in.